Prep time: 30min
Cook time: 55min
1. Mix group one on slow speed with dough hook for 2 minutes until a dough has formed.
2. Add group two and continue mixing for another 1 minute – until the Pastry Margarine has broken up and evenly dispersed through the dough but still visible.
3. Fold the pastry with 2 x half turns and 2 x full turns. Rest for 30 minutes between each turn. Keep the pastry covered while resting so it doesn’t dry out.
4. Once all the turns have been completed, rest the pastry overnight (covered). If storing the pastry in a chiller overnight, ensure it is brought back to room temperature before use the next day.
5. Sheet the pastry out to a thickness of 2 1/4 on the pastry brake and roll out on the work bench.
6. Mark out the strips for the sausage rolls – you should achieve 4 strips wide.
7. Pipe the sausage filling along the length of the pastry strip just ‘off centre’.
8. Fold the pastry over the top of the sausage meat and then roll this over the remaining pastry.
9. Cut the sausage rolls to the desired lengths, tray up and then egg wash.
10. Bake at 220°C for approximately 24 minutes.