This fragrant pumpkin soup has a hint of fresh South East Asian flavour, and a rich colour that looks as good as it tastes. More than just a comfort food for a cold day, customers will be requesting this all year round.
Yield: 2 x 300ml portions
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Expert tip: Ensure you use a fine sieve when you are passing the soup for a smooth & velvety finish. Serve with freshly toasted bread.
1. In a pot, heat canola oil and butter on medium heat. Add finely diced onion and ginger and sauté until fragrant and softened.
2. Cut pumpkin into 2cm chunks and add to the pot.
3. Add vegetable stock, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaf and lemongrass and bring to the boil.
4. Lower the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for about 15mins until the pumpkin is very soft.
5. Blend the soup until all the ingredients are well blended. Pass the soup through a fine sieve and adjust with salt and ground white pepper to your liking. Serve with a dollop of mascarpone, a few spoonfuls of coconut milk and freshly chopped coriander.