This crunchy, healthy, protein-packed breakfast can be served to customers as a small snack or by the big bowlful. Hemp seeds bring a natural and nutty protein boost, while the berry compote adds a nice sweetness to finish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Expert Tips: All nuts can be replaced with whichever you prefer. Only store the granola in an airtight container once it has fully cooled down to prevent it from becoming soggy.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Mix together jumbo oats, hemp seeds, desiccated coconut, pumpkin seeds, slivered almonds, hazelnuts and honey. Spread on a wide tray and bake for 20 to 25 mins or until golden brown, ensuring to mix the ingredients every 5 mins to prevent burning. Once cool, mix in dried cranberries and finely chopped dried apricots.
2. To assemble, add the hemp granola to a serving bowl, top with the yoghurt, berry compote and an extra sprinkle of hemp granola. Serve with a side jug of milk.
1. In a pot, bring 100g mixed berries, 50ml water, sugar and vanilla extract to a boil then simmer for about 2 minutes until the berries have broken down and the sugar has dissolved.
2. In a small bowl make a slurry by mixing cornflour with 20ml water then add to the pot and stir until thickened.
3. Add the remaining frozen mixed berry and cook just until the berries have defrosted. Transfer to a shallow container to cool quickly.