A deliciously tasty meat-free dish, this middle-eastern staple makes for a filling and flavour-packed option for your menu, whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner or all day.
Yield: 4 portions
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
1. Place cherry tomatoes on a small roasting tray, toss with oil and season with salt & pepper. Place in an oven at 200°C for 10-15 minutes, until they begin to blister.
2. Heat a splash of oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add onion and capsicum until the onion is soft and translucent and the capsicum is tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Add garlic and cook for a further minute or until fragrant. Add cumin, paprika and chilli flakes and cook for an additional minute.
4. Add tinned tomatoes, season generously with salt & pepper and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.
5. Transfer tomato & capsicum mix to four single serve oven proof bowls or dishes.
6. Gently crack an egg on top of each portion of shakshuka and scatter a few of the roasted cherry tomatoes around the edges. Transfer the portions to the oven and bake at 180°C until eggs are just set, about 8 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with feta and parsley, serve immediately.