Prep time: 2h30min
Cook time: 30 minutes
1. Place Group 1 into a spiral mixer, mix for 2 minutes slow and then 5 minutes fast.
2. Add Group 2 in small amounts during mixing. At this stage mixing time is 4 minutes or until dough has fully developed.
3. Divide the dough into 4kg pieces and place into a well oiled container (70cm x 45cm). Bulk ferment for 1 hour. Cover the dough to prevent skinning.
4. Knock back the dough by folding the dough over itself. Sprinkle flour on top and press down the dough so the bottom of the container is completely covered. Further bulk ferment for 1 hour.
5. Gently tip the dough onto a well-floured bench and adjust dough into a rectangular shape.
6. Cut into desired shapes and weight, place flour side up on prepared baking tray.
7. Dry proof for 20 minutes.
8.Bake with good steam at 220 C° for 20 -25 minutes, vent for final 5 minutes.
*Note: baking times and temperatures vary between ovens.